Introduction: How is a Pride Festival Celebrated?
A pride festival is an annual event celebrating lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender culture, as well as the broader LGBTQIA+ community as whole. It is a time for the LGBTQIA+ community to come together and celebrate their identity. The first ever pride festival was organized in 1970 by the Gay Liberation Front (GLF) in New York City. The event was a response to a police raid at the gay bar Stonewall Inn on 28 June 1969.
The best way to celebrate pride is with your friends and other gay people. And this is precisely what a Pride Parade is all about.
What Should You Bring to a Pride Festival?
- Bring gay pride wear. On Gays+ Store, there are thousands of products specifically designed for gay pride festivals, including gay pride flags, queer apparel, accessories and so much more.
- Wear comfortable clothes. You don't want to be too hot or too cold, and you don't want clothes that will restrict your movement.
- Bring cash in case there is an event where you need to buy something like food or drinks.
- Bring an extra set of clothes if it's a multi-day event because it's possible that you'll get dirty or sweaty.
How to Get Ready for the Pride Parade or Festival
Here's a quick checklist to make sure you have everything you need.
- Your ID or drivers license.
- Something fun to wear.
- Some cash in case you want to buy something.
- Your phone or camera to snap some photos/Instagram posts.
- Some snacks.
- A condom? ;)
How To Have The Most Fun At A Pride Festival
There's no easy answer for this one. Your best bet is to stick with your friends, or make new friends at the event. Let loose, enjoy yourself - no one is judging you!